Armenian Style Pilaf
Learn how to make Armenian style pilaf. This is a favorite family dish. It's delicious, easy and goes with almost any meal!
IngredientsYield: 8 servings
- 6 tabelspoons butter
- ⅓ cup Orzo (broken bits of thin pasta may also be used)
- 1 ⅔ cup long grain rice
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan with the orzo. Stir and cook over medium heat until orzo is lightly browned.
- Add rice and continue to cook to heat through for about 1 minute.
- Carefully add the broth, while stirring. Season, and bring quickly to a boil
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed. This usually takes about 18 minutes.
- When the pilaf is done, turn off the heat. Leave covered until ready to serve.
- Fluff the pilaf gently with a spoon before plating and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
© 2016 Susan Sady