Smoked Salmon Dip with Fried Wontons
This is a great recipe for an easy, delicious smoked salmon dip with fried wonton wrappers for the dipping. Perfect for your next party!
IngredientsYield: 8 servings
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. Smoked Salmon*, broken into pieces
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onion (a sweet onion like Vidalia is good)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Optional-sliced green onions for garnish
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Stir and mash the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add salmon and mix smooth.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Serve with green onion garnish if desired.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until use.
Fried Wonton Dippers
- Pour oil in frying pan to a little less than half full. Heat the oil to 350-375°F. The wonton wrapper should sizzle immediately when put in, but not cook so quickly that it burns before browning evenly. Gently slide a few more wonton wrappers in the oil, being careful not to overcrowd. They cook very quickly. When one side is browned, turn the wonton over with tongs to cook the other side. Here's an article on Deep Frying at About.com.
- When the wontons are cooked on both sides, remove them to a paper towel lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
© 2016 Susan Sady