Roasted Veggie Pizza
Enough for one 13 by 18 sheet pan pizza
Of course the list of veggies that make delicious pizza toppings is endless. In my video above, I use zucchini, spinach and rosemary, but no olives. Best wishes for some great pizza!
|3 cups||Sliced onions (~14 oz.)|
|2 bell peppers||Cut unto strips (~10 oz.)|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground pepper|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 cup||Grated cheese|
|2 tablespoons||Chopped parsley|
|optional||Chopped oil cured olives to taste|
- Mix the first five ingredients and put onto a large roasting or sheet pan.
- Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take out of the oven and stir in the garlic. Roast for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables have cooked down and are starting to brown.
- Allow the veggies to cool slightly before using on the pizza dough or they can be refrigerated for later use.
- Spread the veggies on the prepared dough (regular or whole wheat) and top with grated cheese of choice, parsley (and olives).
- Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes. The bottom should be nicely browned and the cheese bubbling! Enjoy!
© 2015 Susan J. Sady