This is the perfect recipe for moist, delicious, carrot cupcakes. They taste great plain or iced and make very cute Bunny Cupcakes.
CupcakesYield: one dozen cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups finely grated carrot
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 large eggs
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- water as needed
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, combine carrot, oil, yogurt, extracts and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Fill cupcake liners to about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 375°F or until firm and baked through. Toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- In a mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and light.
- Add vanilla and mix some more.
- Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add a little water if necessary.
- Spread on cooled carrot cupcakes.
To Make Bunny Cupcakes...
- Scatter plain sweetened, shredded coconut on top of the icing.
- Cut jelly beans in half for the nose and eyes or leave whole for teeth.
- Can use chocolate chips for eyes, also.
- To make bunny ears, cut marshmallows in half and squeeze into an ear shape. Press the cut side in pink colored sugar (Can use natural coloring).
- Green coconut- makes a nice grassy place to put your bunnies
© 2019 Susan Sady