Apricot Chicken Kebabs
Tender chicken kebabs grilled with a sweet apricot glaze. A recipe that you'll want to make over and over again!
IngredientsYield: Four servings, 8 skewers
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Mix all ingredients and marinate briefly (~10-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile prepare the Apricot Glaze: Heat together the apricot jam and sherry in a small sauce pan, stirring until the jam is melted and the mixture is bubbly. Set aside.
- Thread meat and onions onto skewers and grill over medium coals, turning when half done.
- Apply Apricot Glaze (above) when chicken is almost cooked.
- Grill until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
© 2017 Susan Sady